About our Club
Day of Service
The federation’s Day of Service is February 10, 2018 with a snow date of February 17. Our Day of Service project is called “Going to the Dogs” because we are supporting three organizations that train service dogs. Patriot Paws and Service Dogs of America assist disabled veterans. Canine Companions for Independence (CCI) is the third organization. The Woman’s Club of Vineland’s club house is the closest of four assembly sites.
Items on the Wish List can be purchased through Amazon or at a local Petco or Pet Smart store.
Day of Service Wish List
Financial donations will be accepted. The monetary donations will be used to purchase large items (i.e. dog crates or furnishings for the clients’ rooms while they are at the training facilities). They will also be used for shipping costs to mail the items collected.
- Pet Safe Surefit Dog Harness ¾” Medium – Black
- 1-inch Pets Training Martingale Collar -- small, medium or large
- 1-inch Training Martingale Collar -- medium or large
- Long Dog Leash -- 32 feet or more
- Nylabone Dura Chew Wolf Bacon Flavored Double Bone chew toy
- KONG Extreme dog toy -- large, x-large, black
- KONG Classic dog toy -- large, x-large, red
- KONG Extreme Ball dog toy -- medium, large
- KONG Extreme Goodie bone dog toy -- medium-black, large-red
- KONG Tires Extreme dog toy -- medium, large
The Day of Service, February 10, is prior to the February club meeting. Therefore this topic and possible club donations should be discussed at the January meeting. Please review the Wish List and bring your donation ideas to the next meeting.
January District Council/Program Assistance Day
Date: January 18 (Thurs.), Snow date: January 25
Location: Porch Club of Riverton
213 Howard St., Riverton
Registration: 9:15 a.m. ($3.00 fee)
Meeting: 10:00 a.m.
Program: Patricia Pasquale, NJSFWC Community Improvement Program Chairman; Program Assistance presentations
Carol Frisby is planning to attend the meeting. Please contact her by Jan. 2, if you would like to attend. Carol will RSVP for the group and arrange a carpool.
Donor Card Program
The Donor Card Program is up, running and very successful! So far, we have received $320 - our 500 note cards are paid for and we are $133.46 on the plus side. The only other expense is for postage which is minimal.
Don't forget to see me at a meeting if you are interested in purchasing cards. $20.00 cash or check made payable to WCWD will buy you 5 cards. The cards will be sent out for you including postage. When you are ready to have a card sent, for any occasion, just send me an
e-mail requesting a card to be sent.
Remember to include the name and
address of the person to receive the
card and what the occasion is. If you would like to send your own sentiment, please feel free to do so. To date, 19 cards have been mailed.
I would like to thank Donna Blocher for suggesting this internal fund raiser and for assisting me in getting things up and running. Donna is a true asset to our club.
Please save the following items:
- Education Committee: knitted or crocheted baby hats & baby bibs
- Carol F: Cotton socks, men or women’s, for homeless program
- Clara: Old cell phones, wallets, tools, bags, suitcases & credit cards for K-9 training
- Louise: Sports bras for SERV
- Carla & Education Committee: Boxtops for Education
- Joan or Dorothy: Feminine hygiene products & coupons for feminine products for Greater Woodbury Area Cooperative Ministries
- Nancy: NEW hats, gloves & mittens, all sizes
Check Request Form
In order to properly document reimbursement checks to members, our treasurers created a "Check Request Form." If you've purchased something for the club, please fill out a check request and attach receipts, an email confirmation, photocopies, or any type of documentation for your purchase.
Don't forget to check the calendar for upcoming events!